AirLaw must receive or collect some personal information to operate; including when you install, access, or use our Services.
The types of information we receive and collect depend on how you use our Services. We require certain information to deliver our Services and without this we will not be able to provide our Services to you. For example, you must create a profile, as either a Lawyer (Qualified and Registered), Service Provider, or Customer to use our Services. With a valid Australian contact phone number and an active email address.
Our Services have optional features which, if used by you, require us to collect additional information to provide such features. You will be notified of such collection, as appropriate. If you choose not to provide the information needed to use a feature, you will be unable to use the feature. For example, you cannot share your location and access the services near you, if you do not permit us to collect your location data from your device. Permissions can be managed through your Settings menu on both Android and iOS devices.
You must provide your mobile phone number, location, and basic information (including your legal full name and an active email address) to create a profile and use AirLaw. If you don't provide us with this information, you will not be able to create an account to use our Services. You can add other information to your account, such as a profile picture.
We collect and use precise location information from your device with your permission. There are certain settings relating to location-related information which you can find in your device settings or the in-app settings, such as location sharing. We use your location to ensure cases posted are available to be quoted by Lawyers or Service providers within the same State or Territory. This is important, as laws can vary between States and Territories in Australia.
When you contact us for customer support or otherwise communicate with us, you may provide us
with information related to your use of our Services, or send us an email with information relating to
app performance or other issues, you can also request the permanent deletion of your account.
Customer may not upload Customer Data or use the Products in a manner that;
1. Violates any local, state, national, foreign or international Regulations, including data protection and privacy regulations, or fails to secure all required consents from data subjects;
2. Advocates or induces illegal activity;
3. Infringes or misappropriates the Intellectual Property Rights of another party;
4. Publishes, posts, uploads, or otherwise distributes any software, music, videos, or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity), unless Customer has all rights and consents required to do so;
5. Is threatening, abusive, harassing, stalking or defamatory;
6. is deceptive, false, misleading or fraudulent;
7. Modifies, alters, tampers with, repairs, reverse engineers, disassembles, decompiles or otherwise creates derivative works of any software included in the Products (except to the extent this is expressly permitted under a separate license agreement for the creation of derivative works);
8. Is invasive of another's privacy or otherwise violates another's legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity);
9. Involves uploading files that contain viruses, malware, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another person's computer;
10. Interferes with or disrupts the Products or servers or networks connected to the Products;
11. Uses any high volume automated means (including robots, spiders, scripts or similar data gathering or extraction methods) to access the Products or any other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Products (each a "System");
12. Download any file that Customer knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in that way;
13. Falsifies or deletes any author attributions, legal or proprietary designations, labels of the origin or source of software, or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
14. Restricts or inhibits any other Customer from using the Products;
15. Harvests or otherwise collects information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent;
16. Violates the usage standards or rules of an entity affected by Customer's use, including without limitation any internet service provider (or ISP), ESP, or news or user group (including, for example, circumventing or exceeding equipment use rights and restrictions and/or location and path identification detail); and/or
17. Is legally actionable between private parties.
Customer will use the Products for Customer's internal business purposes and will not violate the security or integrity of a Product in any way, including but not limited to:
1. Wilfully tamper with the security of the Products;
2. Accessing data on the Products not intended for Customer
3. Logging into a server or account on the Products that Customer is not authorised to access;
4. Attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Products or to breach the security or authentication measures without proper authorisation;
5. Wilfully rendering any part of the Products unusable;
6. Attempting to gain unauthorized access to any portion of the Products whether through hacking, password mining, or any other means;
7. Monitoring data or traffic on a system without permission;
8. Leasing, distributing, licensing, selling, or otherwise commercially exploiting the Products or making the Products available to a third party other than as contemplated in the Agreement;
9. Using the Products for timesharing or service bureau purposes, or otherwise for the benefit of a third party without our prior written consent; and/or
10. Providing to third parties any evaluation version of the Products without our prior written consent of its information.
These requirements may not apply if the transaction concerned is strictly transactional in nature and/or these requirements are otherwise subject to a legal exception.